Tuesday, July 31, 2007

MBA Personal Reflection

So, you may be wondering if I've decided to obtain an MBA?

The answer to the question is yes, but.....

This past year has been a difficult one for me. Both my mother and my grandfather have been battling cancer for the last year. My mother had a very dangerous nine hour surgery in June to remove her cancer. They feel it was successful; however, her recovery will be a slow one. My grandfather lost his battle with cancer yesterday.

In addition to taking care of my mother, I've taken a full load of classes each semester and worked full-time. I spent most of my summer traveling for work. Free-time has not been on my agenda for quite some time.

I've decided that it would be beneficial for me to obtain an MBA, however, I've decided to allow myself one year off before pursuing that goal. I went through the decision making process I listed in my blogs and for financial reasons, career related decisions, and family needs, I've decided that taking some time off (after obtaining my accounting degree in the fall)is the best course of action.

Researching the MBA program has allowed me to learn more about the benefits and the downfalls, educated me on the steps I need to take, and shown me how to decide on a school. I hope the information I gathered and shared was somewhat beneficial to you as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.